Meet Carolina A. Herrera
Nina Reyes|April 5, 2023
Meet Carolina A. Herrera, Director of Global Services at Interprenet, based in the bustling city of Chicago, Illinois. In this Q&A, Carolina gives us a glimpse into her life inside and outside of Interprenet where we can learn more about her hobbies, who inspires her, some of career recognitions, among others.
I oversee the Global Services Division which includes Professional Services, Recruiting and Project Management.
What’s the most exciting part of your job?
There are two things that I really love about my job, one is being able to guide my team and see people grow in their positions. The other is overcoming the challenges that a complex project brings. I always love a good puzzle.
Who inspires you in your work?
I find inspiration in people and nature. I love to hike when the weather permits and go bird watching. My mother and grandmother were greatly influential as mothers and working women. I look up to both of them. I admire the bravery of Malala, the intelligence and wit of Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the grace of Nadia Comaneci, and kindness in any form. As for fictional characters, it's Elizabeth Bennett, hands down.
What’s something you’re proud of in your life?
My children and my novels, which were harder to bring to this world than the actual children.
What’s the most used app on your phone?
Twitter and Duolingo. I am trying to learn Japanese.
Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I am extremely curious and always looking for new things to learn or places to visit. I can't sit still. I like to travel when possible. I spend a lot of time reading and writing. I have many other interests which keep me very busy, but my favorite thing so far is spending time with my grandchildren.
Which language(s) do you speak?
English, Spanish and French.
Share any degrees, diplomas, or other accolades you have earned.
- Juris Doctor, Universidad Regiomontana, 1989
- Máster en Escritura Creativa con Mención Honorífica, Universidad de Salamanca, 2019
- My novel, #Mujer que Piensa, won First Place in the Best First Novel category at the International Latino Book Book Award, 2016
- My novel, Flor de un árbol raro, won First Place in the Best Popular Fiction category at the International Latino Book Award, 2021
- Editorial Board Member, El Beisman, an NFP focused on promoting Latino authors writing in Spanish in the US.
- Board Member, MakeLit, an NFP that promotes and engages contemporary writers, artists, and audiences through publishing, multidisciplinary arts events, and international cultural exchange between the US and Mexico.
- TEDx Speaker.
We're thrilled to have Carolina on our team, and we hope you enjoyed learning more about her. Make sure to connect with her on LinkedIn to get to know her a little bit better.